[ms4w-users] new server crashes generating tiles

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 02:54:31 EDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Nick Ullman <nullman at econolite.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for your suggestion!  The computer is an HP Proliant DL385 G2.  I
> went to HP.com this morning and downloaded the latest drivers pack for
> the machine.  After installing and rebooting I started the precache
> render again.  It crashed again about an hour into the render.

It's strange. HP hardware usually has excellent support.
Here are a couple of links to help you diagnose the BSOD:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216206/en-us

I am quite sure mapserver isn't the cause and if I were in you I'd
look for defective RAM or even overheating (which can be quite common
if the server is housed in a badly air conditioned rack).

Umberto