[ms4w-users] new server crashes generating tiles

Nick Ullman nullman at econolite.com
Tue Jun 19 10:42:38 EDT 2007

Hello again!

I can confirm that it is not MS4W.  While the IT guy was standing here
saying again and again that it must be 'that software' I did a
right-click-properties on the ka-map cache folder to show him how many
files were successfully created and the machine crashed.  'that
software' wasn't running at the time.

So, something is wrong with the raid controller and/or the drivers for
it.  Just decompressing the ms4w.zip on that drive takes over two and a
half minutes (compared to 15-20 seconds on my laptop) and that activity
can crash the system too.  Again, in front of the IT guy, the Microsoft
.zip extractor crashed the system.  I believe I have his attention now!
:-)

Once again, thanks for your suggestions!  This is now officially a
Windows driver and/or hardware issue.

Regards,
Nick