[ms4w-users] self-installer index page

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 16 10:18:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

When installing the latest MS4W with the self-installer, we had to chose
the place to install it. We selected C:/Program Files/ (the proposed
default) but after the installation we got the following text in the
index page:

MS4W - MapServer 4 Windows - version 2.2.7
       * ...
       * Since it is not a true installer, it will not install to any
         location. It *** MUST *** be installed at the root of one of the
         drives on your system.
       * The MS4W addon packages must be extracted at the same root as
         the base installer, and files must be overwritten.
       *

I guess it's now a true installer and can be installed anywhere on a
drive. Right?

Julien
--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix