[ms4w-users] problem Itasca demo application

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 4 09:16:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

The problem you are hitting is that the add-on packages are configured
for the root directory (such as C:/) but the setup.exe allowed you to
install into another directory.  For now you will have to manually
configure the demo application for your install path:

- change paths in /httpd.d/httpd_mapserv_demo.conf
- change "map" path (line#41) in /apps/mapserv-demo/index.html

--jeff

On 4-Jun-08, at 6:54 AM, dario de pascalis wrote:

> I have installed MS4W into my drive at the c:\program files root.
> For this I have used a ms4w-2.2.7-setup file. Afterwards  I have
> tested ehe localhost page and it's OK.
> I have downloaded the package named "MapServer Itasca Demo
> Application" from http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html
> and extract that AT THE SAME ROOT as my existing ms4w installation
> (in my case C:/program files/ws4w). Then I have restarted Apache and
> l have looked for a new link on
> the localhost page (also this is OK.)
>
> But when I call a http://localhost:88/mapserv-demo/ , the (Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /mapserv-demo/ on this server.)
> message appear on video.
>
> Why? I must install anything else?
>

> Thanks
>

> --