[ms4w-users] Problem With SDE conection

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 28 13:06:10 EDT 2008

David Martinez Morata wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to conect with a SDE database With Ms4W version 2.9.0 and I
> was confiredthe files with ms4w web page instructions.
> In the gdalinfo/ogrinfo --formats comand I can see SDE.
> I create my map file but wen I conect to the base with ArcGIS 9.2 I
> found some problems:
>
> The request of ArcGIS it's OK (GetCapabilities)
>
> But mapserver error file tells:
>
> loadParams() QUERY_STRING: map=/ms4w/apps/Cablage/maps/
> SDE_cablage_all_001.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>
> msLoadMap():
> 0.031s
>
> CGI Request 1 on process
> 1812
>
> msGetSymbol(): General error message. Can't load requested dynamic
> library:
> C:/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll
>
> loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load dynamic Layer
> LIB:
> C:/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll
>
> mapserv request processing time (msLoadMap not incl.):
> 0.000s
>
> msFreeMap(): freeing map at
> 01A569B0.
>
> mapserv total execution time:
> 0.031s
>

> I have the correct dll in the Apache/ specialplugins/ directory I don't
> understand wath it's happening :S
>
> And the log of Apache tells:
>
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:/ms4w/gdalplugins\\gdal_SDE.dll\r
> 126: Le module sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable.\r\r
> \r
>
> Can Enioen help me please!
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello,

A good way of verifying that you can connect to SDE is by using the
shp2img.exe commandline utility.
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/utilityreference/shp2img)

What happens when you try to create a map image of your
'SDE_cablage_all_001.map' mapfile using shp2img.exe????

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/