[ms4w-users] Php errors

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 19 07:20:50 EST 2009

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I seem to be having the same problem when using php mapscript as before.
> It generates the tmp images, but thinks that it cannot read or write to
> that directory. I have the ms4w package, so I have been repeatedly told
> that this isn't something that I need to mess with in the .conf file.
>

> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSaveImageGD(): Unable to open file
> /tmp/ms_tmp/jerba687713.png for writing in
> *C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\jerba\Map\phpms_jerba.php* on line *196*
>
> *Fatal error*: Failed writing image to /tmp/ms_tmp/jerba687713.png in
> *C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\jerba\Map\phpms_jerba.php* on line *196*
>
> I seem to have been having the same problem with the html version of the
> dynamic map.
>
> please advise.

It is true that you do not need to modify Apache's main httpd.conf file;
however you still need to create aliases.  See the instructions in
/ms4w/httpd.d/README_HTTPD.txt (you will notice that this is how all of
the MS4W add-on packages function).  Again, the best way to learn is to
download another MS4W add-on package and look at its structure.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/