[MS4W-Users] SDE

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Jan 20 12:27:10 EST 2010

I guess my initial question was a bit silly since the same version of a
specialplugins/dll (e.g. SDE 9.3) differs between MS4W 2.3.1 (MS 5.2.1)
and 3.0.0B7 (MS 5.4.2) so I can't mix and match.  I can't easily switch
between MS4W installations, namely because I have mod_python configured
on an Apache instance already, so I was wondering how risky it would be
to adapt my MS4W 2.3.1 by shoving what's necessary to connect to SDE
9.3.1, which I think would be :

- MapServer
- GDAL
- All dlls in specialplugins and gdalplugins

I guess that means pretty much turning my 2.3.1 into 3.0.0B7 ...

At any rate, has anyone succeeded connecting to an ArcSDE 9.3.1 and if
so using what stack exactly ?

TIA,

Yves