[MS4W-Users] SDE

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jan 20 13:53:51 EST 2010

Yves Moisan wrote:
> I guess my initial question was a bit silly since the same version of a
> specialplugins/dll (e.g. SDE 9.3) differs between MS4W 2.3.1 (MS 5.2.1)
> and 3.0.0B7 (MS 5.4.2) so I can't mix and match.  I can't easily switch
> between MS4W installations, namely because I have mod_python configured
> on an Apache instance already, so I was wondering how risky it would be
> to adapt my MS4W 2.3.1 by shoving what's necessary to connect to SDE
> 9.3.1, which I think would be :
>
> - MapServer
> - GDAL
> - All dlls in specialplugins and gdalplugins
>
> I guess that means pretty much turning my 2.3.1 into 3.0.0B7 ...
>
> At any rate, has anyone succeeded connecting to an ArcSDE 9.3.1 and if
> so using what stack exactly ?

Hello Yves,

For the record, the correct instructions for connecting to both raster
and vector SDE layers are fully described in the MS4W 3.0 beta7's README
file, which you should have locally (or they can be viewed online at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL_3.0.html#sde).
  I suggest you follow those instructions, and if there are any changes
required to those steps please file a ticket in the MS4W issue tracker
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=bugs.html).  Thanks very
much.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services