[MS4W-Users] msTileCache problem

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 12 09:43:56 EST 2011

Brian,

The "no config file" error is thrown when the map is in debug mode. It
should not affect the way things work with the cgi.  I agree that It
should have been through only when the debug level was set to be more
verbose (something like >=5). I will adjust it.
Note that if you do not need to use the tile cache, you should not
define MS_TILECACHE_CONFIG_FILE (or have a config fle used with the
tilecache).

regards,

On 11/01/2011 9:04 PM, Brian May wrote:
> I am using ms4w v3 beta11 and I am getting the following errors in the
> ms_error.txt file. This is one example of many (one per layer requested)
> - it errors on each layer present in the map file that is requested via WMS.
>
> [Tue Jan 11 19:58:49 2011].796000 msTileCacheGetLayer(): section
> us_states_outlines not found in config file.[Tue Jan 11 19:58:49
> 2011].796000 msTileCacheDispatchRequest(): no layer named
> us_states_outlines in config file.[Tue Jan 11 19:58:49 2011].843000 CGI
> Request 1 on process 7304
>
> It seems like its coming from the new WMS-C patch, but I cannot find any
> documentation or properly understand the code to figure out what to do
> about it. I had set the MS_TILECACHE_CONFIG_FILE variable to see if that
> helped things but then it just throws the error above (before it was
> saying I had no config file).
>

> I am not requesting to draw tiled layers, I am simply sending a request
> to draw the layer in the map file and for whatever reason, mapserver is
> thinking I am requesting to draw a tilecache layer.
>
> OS is Windows Vista.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian May