[MS4W-Users] MS4W 3.0 released!

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 17 09:29:28 EST 2011

I am very happy to announce that MS4W version 3.0 is now available, with
improvements and bug fixes for many libraries.  I also updated the
Windows Setup Installer, and made some changes there was well.  Here are
the download links:

   Windows Setup Installer:
http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w-3.0-setup.exe

   Archive: http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w_3.0.zip

As always I encourage feedback, so if you find any problems please file
a bug in the the bug tracker, noting the 3.0 version in your summary
(login or create an account at:
http://bugzilla.maptools.org/query.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1 then search the
"MS4W" product to check for existing tickets, and then click "New' to
file a ticket).

Here is the log of the recent changes for this release:

           - upgraded MapServer and MapScript to 5.6.5 release (ticket 2246)
           - upgraded GDAL to 1.7.3 (ticket 2280)
           - upgraded Apache to 2.2.17 (ticket 2279)
           - upgraded PHP to 5.3.5 (ticket 2278)
           - rebuilt PHP with exif support (ticket 2261)
           - upgraded mod_fcgid to 2.3.6 (ticket 2281)
           - fixed GIF symbol rendering problem based on size (ticket 2094)
           - upgraded to PostgreSQL 9.0.2 support for GDAL
           - upgraded to jpeg 8b support for GDAL and MapServer
           - upgraded to zlib 1.2.5 support for GDAL and MapServer
           - upgraded to geotiff 1.3.1-dev support for GDAL
           - upgraded to xerces 3.1.1 support for GDAL
           - upgraded to HDF5 5.1.8 support for GDAL
           - upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.0c support for GDAL
           - upgraded to CURL 7.21.3 support for GDAL and MapServer
           - upgraded to Freetype 2.4.4 support for MapServer
           - upgraded to Iconv 1.11.1 support for MapServer
           - upgraded to libxml2 2.7.7 support for MapServer
           - added shptreetst utility (ticket 2253)

And many more improvements through the long Beta release plan! (history:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=HISTORY.txt)

Thank you for your continued use and support of the MapServer for
Windows product.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/