[OSRS-PROJ] Projection Information Weather Satellite

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Fri Oct 3 12:53:02 EDT 2003

The projection is an Oblique Perspective or Oblique Horizon projection.  It
is definitely NOT Oblique Orthographic nor Oblique Stereographic.  It is
close (but not exactly) to an Oblique Globular.

Cliff Mugnier
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
projection (i.e. stereographic, orthographic, etc...) of the following
linked image.  I'm trying to write an app that will successfully navigate
this image (display lat / lon at cursor position), but I need the
projection info first.  I have successfully done this with a different
image (stereographic ) using Proj4.

Image link:

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconusir.html

The image is derived from a geostationary weather satellite located at -75
degrees longitude and the equator.

Bryan