[OSRS-PROJ] Projection Information Weather Satellite

Bryan Ray bryan at jincsolutions.com
Fri Oct 3 18:22:28 EDT 2003

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I tried using the Delphi code you supplied to me
earlier this year using passpoints and Affine Transformations.  With
this image it did not quite work out because of the unknown projection
type that I could initialize with Proj4.  I tried Ortho and Stereo
projections with no luck.

I'll keep trying with other Proj4 supported projections, but I'm not
sure which one to use.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Clifford Mugnier says it is probably some type of Oblique Globular. I'll
take all of the expert advise I can get.  It seems to me that it is just
a raw satellite projection (if there is such a thing) with an offset
(looking angle) from -75 Longitude and 0 Latitude.

Bryan