[OSRS-PROJ] Projection Information Weather Satellite

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Wed Oct 8 09:45:38 EDT 2003

The Oblique Horizon projection was featured in a technical bulletin of
ESSA, the forerunner of NOAA way back during the 1970s.  The author was
named Schmidt, I think.

Cliff Mugnier
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Brayn,

I think that will not work with affine transforms
without having the right projection of the earh body
to the a plain sheet. Do you have a idea what they mean
with Oblique Horizon projection

it seems to be a photo where the satellite is turned
over the horizont normal. I think it could determined
if you have the trace coordinates of the satellite.

To program it it's to high for me and I have to grabb
deep into the proj library. I think you should write
Gerlad Everden. He is the creator of the library