[Proj] The Michigan Georef Projection Problem

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Sat Dec 18 12:05:25 EST 2004

Jerry -

This problem first came up on the MapServer users list, and I pointed
out that since the usage seemed to be correct, the most likely cause was
an incorrect set of parameters for the (correctly-implemented)
projection, or an incorrect expression of those parameters in the input
to proj.  I have some time later this weekend to take a look at this
user's specific situation; the problem came up once before with another
MapServer users (same Michigan projection) but was never resolved.

I'll post whatever I find, but at the moment I don't have any reason to
think there's any issues with the omerc code.  Thanks!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 978 251-4242   Fax: +1 978 251-1396