[OT] Mail and List Reply (was: Re: [Proj] A problem with this list)

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Thu Dec 23 15:13:42 EST 2004

Hello, Gerald,

Sorry for my overreacting mail to the proj list.

Gerald Evenden <gerald.evenden at verizon.net> schrieb:

> All the other email list I have belonged to have upheld this
> philosophy and abetted it by having the "reply to" refer to the
> sending group.  To make a reply to this list I have to start a new
> message, set up the group address, copy over the subject line and
> prefix with a "Re:".  With most groups all I have to do is
> hit the "reply to" and I'm ready to type.

Does your Mailer have a Group Reply? Then you should use this button
default.

> As an aside to one other remark on this subject: the Apple Power Book
> with OSX and the mail routine provided does not have a "reply to
> author" button.
> Neither Kmail nor Evolution on my Linux system have "reply to author."

I do not have apple mail nor evolution, but my kmail 1.6.2 (kde 3.3.1)
installation actually has Reply, Reply to Author, Reply to All and Reply
to Mailing List.

I did not test it, but I think that Reply does the "sanest default" and
thus replies to the list.

But we really should take this discussion to private, as it is off topic
here.

Markus