[OSRS-PROJ] Lat-lon to pixel

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Feb 7 10:07:02 EST 2004

PROJ.4 will transform between geographic and cartesian coordinate
systems but *you* must know what kind of map transformations are
involved in you pixel maps.  Knowing the projection details (like
projection type, and control factors the remaining problem is knowing
scaling and rotation needed to convert from PROJ.4 cartesian system
to that of your pixel map.  Also you need to be sure that PROJ.4
supports
both forward *and* inverse projection modes for the particular
projection
type your pixel map is using.

On Sep 7, 2003, at 5:44 AM, Gyula wrote:

> Hi all
> I have just downloaded the proj (the delphi version), but i dont know
> if it is useful for me. I have some scanned bitmap maps, and i want to
> use proj
> only to get the latitude longitude coordinates of the
> pixels, and vica-versa, put objects on to the bitmap using the lat-
> lon coordinates. How can I solve this with proj?
> Thanks in advance
> Jeff

Jerry and the low riders: Daisy Mae and Joshua