[OSRS-PROJ] proj4 parameter question regarding UTM

peter p.willis at telus.net
Sat Feb 7 12:03:54 EST 2004

Hello,

	O.K., Thanks for the info. I looked at my central coords and they
come out reasonably cloase to what is expected.
I'll have to modify my code to change the UTM zone at each
boundary I guess.
	I also need to check my original method for generating UTM since
one of the two methods gives me about 9 meters of error near the center of
the zone. Of course this may be due to a lack of ellipsoid in *my* original
model.

I did notice that mapping outside the UTM zone with proj has a greater
error to the east. I'm not sure whay that is. Perhaps the polynomial equation
that is being used iterates from west to east.

Thanks again for your input.

Peter