[OSRS-PROJ] Rectified Skew Orthomorphic...

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Fri Jan 16 16:32:50 EST 2004

After looking at the suggested change for "rso" and EPSG #7 I think
the only cosmetic change to omerc would be the addition of the
gamma_c factor which would trigger the "skewed" mode.  To the
best that I can  determine, gamma_c is only used in the translation-
rotation of the grid.

Funny statement in EPSG, pg. 33 referring to the Swiss and Hungarian
as "Transverse Mercator" projections.  Also, I did the Swiss by going
through the Gaussian sphere and then translation.  Hmmm.

Does anyone have specifications and bench values for the Hungarian
system?

Laborde also has its own development.

EPSG makes a peculiar, to me, statement about the Alaskan having
grid and true north identical at the center of the map rather than at
the "natural origin."  To me the natural origin in this case is merely
the
offset due to false easting/northing and has no other intrinsic
interest.
Also, I don't see how you can do the Alaskan with the code presented.

EPSG ignored the Great Lakes systems which are spec'd in the same
manner as the Alaskan: lon_c, lat_c and alpha.

The more I study the EPSG report the pickier I get.