[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Oblique Stereographic projection as used in Polish grids

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Mon Mar 22 14:14:30 EST 2004

Someone on a Remotesensing email group suggested that I write you
regarding the Roussilhe projection used by Polish grids.  Apparently
you have a reputation as being interested in GPS and thus may have
some knowledge of this subject area.

My involvement in this problem is maintaining general cartographic
projection software in the public domain that is used by the
Remotesensing
group.

At the current time we have located two sources related to this
projection:

http://www.atomnet.pl/~geodeta/2000/59text1.htm

and

http://www.navi.pl/produkty/ssl/uklady/uklady.html

I have successfully obtained forward conversion by both methods but
have yet to perform the inverse projection function.  In either case I
do not
know which one is the version used by those involved with the Polish
grid systems.

Also of critical value are some example cases where points are
given in both geographic and grid system coordinates that can be
used a test values for my programs.

Another impediment is my inability to read Polish.

Any information you might have related to this problem would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank-you for your time.