[Proj] PROJ 4.4.9 Released

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Oct 30 21:20:32 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Currently there is no configure mechanism I am aware of to control where the
> jni.h file is searched for.  The work around for now is to manually edit
> the src/Makefile after configuration and add -I/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include
> or whatever is appropriate to the definition of the DEFAULT_INCLUDES macro.

Unless the configure script specifically stomps on it, you can usually
set CPPFLAGS/CFLAGS in the environment prior to running the configure
script, e.g.:

	CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include ./configure ...

> I hate configure.  I hate libtool.   I hate automake.

You aren't the only one.

Actually, I can live with autoconf, but automake generates the most
incomprehensible Makefiles (I used to think that Imake was bad until
people started using automake) and, as for libtool: whoever thought
that a 6500-line Bourne-shell script was a good idea needs therapy.