[Proj] Two questions about Proj

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 20 08:59:14 EST 2006

On 1/19/06, Andy Canfield <andy.canfield at gmail.com> wrote:
> First question:
> Is there a good example somewhere of using it to transform coordinates
> from one projection to another?

Andy,

I'm not sure what qualifies as a *good* example.  A simple example
might be:

cs2cs +proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84 +to +proj +zone=12 +datum=WGS84

> Second question:
> Is there a good example somewhere of using it to shift from one datum
> to another within the same projection?

cs2cs +proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=NAD27 +to +proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=NAD83

> Third question:
> Does it support translating coordinates to and from the old AT&T V&H
> coordinate system?

This is not supported by PROJ.  I see Oscar has provided excellent
details on how you could accomplish it.