[Proj] Michigan Georef Defition Fixed!

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Tue Jan 30 14:32:09 EST 2007

From: "Clever, Max"
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:04:31 -0500
Subject: [Proj] Michigan Georef Defition Fixed!

> Oscar and Melita,
> Thank you, so very much for your help.  I was finally able to get the
> coordinates to match up when I switched the longitude to -86.
> I hope you don¹t feel like I wasted your time after going through all this!
Never. Some projections, like the oblique mercator, are difficult to
implement, so your experiences are of use to more people!

> What needs to happen to get this projection officially added to the epsg file
> so that in the most current build of proj the ³nad² folder will contain this
A quick procedure is to add an epsg entry to your own copy, with a text
editor.
A more robust but slow procedure is to write a comment to the epsg database
maintainers. Use the link at the bottom of the home page www.epsg.org
An updated epsg database will eventually get processed by mr. Warmerdam in
order to produce a PROJ epsg file. Then again, what are the chances that the
no_uoff option actually will find its way into the PROJ epsg file? It would
probably need adjustment of the processing scripts.