AW: [Proj] DHDN / Gauss Krueger to WGS84

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de
Fri Sep 21 11:37:51 EDT 2007

uwe.schmitz at lverma.nrw.de wrote:
> please take a look at
> http://crs.bkg.bund.de/crseu/crs/descrtrans/BeTA/de_dhdn2etrs_beta.php
>
> There you will find information about a "standard" solution
> for your problem. The documentation gives a brief example
> for using PROJ.4. (I think, the german language isn't a problem
> for you :-)).
>
> If you have any problems, please let me know.

Hi Uwe

Ok, had a look at it. Maybe it's a dump question (I am really not
professional in this area) but as my target datum is WGS84 shouldn't I
use different shift factors than for ETRS89?

Or is the shift from ETRS89 to WGS84 independent from the actual
location? Google gives me the impression that it is.

Oliver