[Proj] Terminology for origins

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Mon Oct 6 10:05:06 EDT 2008

Thanks for explaining.  I did not understand that the extra False Northing should be added only south of the False Origin.
Let me see if I got it right.

So, in the Lambert Sud Algerie Grid, there is one False Northing that is 300 km, and an extra False Northing that is 1000 km?
As one goes south from the northmost part of the map grid, the Northing value would decrease until it reaches 300 km at the Origin,
but there the Northing would wrap around and become 1300 km? And then it would decrease again, if one would go further south.

Tricky.  Reminds me of UTM.  I can see that it works on a paper map, but I suppose most GIS systems would have
to implement such a map grid as two separate projections.

Regards,

--
Mikael Rittri
Carmenta AB