[Proj] rHEALPix new parameters

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 1 19:13:56 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Michael Speth
<spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz> wrote:
> Hello,
>    An example best explains my question.
>
> Command line
> proj +proj=healpix -f '%.'$PERCISION'f' -I +lon_0=$1 +a=$2 +R_A +ellps=WGS84
> -E <<EOF
> $3 $4
> EOF
>
> Output
> ==== HEALPix Spheriod Inverse Test ====
> [8] 0 0    0.0000    0.0000
> [9] 0 0    45.0000    0.0000
> [10] 0 0    -45.0000    0.0000
> [11] 2 -2    *    *
> [12] 2 -2    *    *
> [13] 1 2    *    *
> [14] 2 1    *    *
>
> So in the output, notice that the last 4 test result in an error (noted by
> the *).  The output I am looking for is "invalid x or y" for the last 4 test
> results.  Does this make sense?

Michael,

It does not seem to have been typical in the past to issue
errors during point transformation - instead HUGE_VAL was
returned and that was it.  So the "proj" command has no code
to report errors other than by printing "*" after a point transformation.
cs2cs on the other hand does - partly motifivated by my issuing of
errors from the datum shifting code that comes into play in cs2cs
and not in proj.  I would suggest you try with cs2cs.