[Proj] https://github.com/OSGeo/projgrids

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Dec 18 09:42:28 EST 2017

Even,

Thanks for setting this up! A few comments and ideas:

1.       Some structure in the repo would be nice. It might be as simple as having a folder called "grids" which contain all the grids and then README's and other relevant files in the root.

2.       We should come up with some rules to govern the repo with. The most important here is describing the requirements for getting grids accepted as part of the repository. A list of accepted licenses would be handy. Contact information or some other form of source of the grid is also needed I think.

3.       Can we convert the old CTable files to CTable2 format? The former are architecture dependent. Effectively fixes https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/44

4.       Are the current tests affected of your "removal-proposal"? Removing the null grid could have some consequences.

/Kristian