[Proj] [gdal-dev] Coordinate system improvements - GDAL, libgeotiff, PROJ barn raising

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Tue May 15 13:02:06 EST 2018

Even,

You can get the GIGS documents here:

https://www.iogp.org/bookstore/product/geospatial-integrity-of-geoscience-software-part-1-gigs-guidelines/
https://www.iogp.org/bookstore/product/geospatial-integrity-of-geoscience-software-part-2-gigs-software-review/
http://www.iogp.org/bookstore/product/geospatial-integrity-of-geoscience-software-part-3-user-guide-for-the-gigs-test-dataset/

Unfortunately the test datasets comes in unstructured spreadsheets… Micah Cochran did a tremendous job of translating
that JSON for use with pyproj which I then a year or so later converted to the gie format.

There are still a number of tests that we can’t reliable pass in PROJ. I believe some, if not all, of them will be taken care
of during the work you have now committed to.

/Kristian