[TinyOWS-users] xml isn't valid

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 09:20:39 EST 2010

Thanks for the reply Oliver.  With your help I'm getting closer!

On Fri10/2910 Fri Oct 29 1:35 AM, Olivier Courtin wrote:
> shp2pgsql -s 31467 -W LATIN1 -I gruenflaechen.shp frida | psql -U
> postgres -d tinyows

This allowed me to successfully load the frida data.  After taking a
closer look at my javascript and config.xml, I got the Transactional
example to work locally!

> Not sure to understand the question,
> You mean an empty table/layer ?

Yes, that is what I mean.  After examining the SQL used to generate the
frida table I think I've managed to create an empty layer.  Here's the
output from tinyows --check:

Available layers:
  - public.frida  -> 31467 RW
  - public.connectome  -> 4326 RW

Unfortunately, problems persist.

I'm trying to use OpenLayers to display a large image and allow users to
add annotations to them.
To accomplish this, I'm using OpenLayers.Layer.TMS.  If I tell my custom
map to use the Frida layer I get the following error upon saving an
annotation:

|ERROR:  new row for relation "frida" violates check constraint "enforce_srid_the_geom"|

On the other hand, when I attempt to use my new, empty layer, I get the
same old "xml isn't valid" errors.  I guess my main question at this
point is, what SRID should I be using in this situation?

In order to help you help me, I've uploaded my javascript and config file:
http://melanarchy.info/tmp/config.xml
http://melanarchy.info/tmp/connectome.js

I appreciate any additional help you can offer me.
-Zack