[Chameleon] Locate Widget

Sigurjon Gisli Runarsson sjonni11 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 09:40:57 EDT 2006

Jacob,

Iam in simular situation like Brian.  I have been trying to add a
*find function* to my custom Chameleon application and just don't get
it to work.  The sample applications work fine with the find-popup
window (Canada Gazzett data) but I would like to have the find
(search) function on my main application window.  There is one good
applcation on the net that shows exactly what I am trying to achive
http://www.map.upd.edu.ph/updmap/index.phtml

Is the code that you offered to send Brian something that I need? Any
help would be great.

Sorry about my english.

Cheers,

Sigurjon G Runarsson

Reykjavik, Iceland

Brian,

I created a widget that does that, but it only works with shapefiles at this

stage. The reason was that I required to know how many objects there are,

and that I only knew how to do that for a shapefile. But perhaps you could

adjust that side of it. The widget allows you to specify which attributes of

which layers are searcheable, creates an iframe with comboboxes for the

layer and attributes, and a searchbox. It shows a list of the searchresults

(with zoom-to links). It works, but it is not thoroughly tested, though.

Let me know if you want me to send you the code.

Regards,

Jacob