[FWTools] gdal_translate mrsid encoding

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech tkirstine at jdbarnes.com
Tue Oct 18 09:28:34 EDT 2005

Hi
I've been using gdal_translate to subset 500m2 tifs with tfw files from a
large overall MrSid image.  This process worked great however I'm running
into problems converting these tif images back into mrsids using MrSid Geo

error message "the file LT Stream is a non supported planar configuration
type of 2.  Please convert image to baseline tiff and recompress"

I then reran the gdal_translate command using the -co PROFILE=BASELINE but
still received the same error message. I then compared tif images using
gdalinfo of a tif subseted with PCI and one using gdal_translate and found
the images were identical.  Any advice would be great

Travis Kirstine
First Base Solutions Limited
140 Renfrew Dr, Suite 100
Markham ON