[FWTools] Re: OCI OGR Problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 18 12:34:33 EDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Nathalie <nathalie at gempi.com.br> wrote:
> That's OK Frank

Nathalie,

I have created an OCI (Oracle) plugin for FWTools 1.0.0 a4 (for
windows) available at:

  http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/fwtools100a4_oci.zip

This zip contains the file ogr_OCI.dll.  This file should
be placed in:

  C:\Program Files\FWTools1.0.0a4\gdal_plugins

The gdal_plugins directory wll likely not exist yet, so
you will need to create it manually.  Once it is copied
to the location you can test if it is seen by running
"ogrinfo --formats" and seeing if OCI is reported
there.  Note, you will need to have the OCI client
libraries installed and in your path.  I think this would
normally be the case if you have installed Oracle client
services on the system in question.  I don't think I am
allowed to redistribute the OCI DLLs myself.

Note this plugin is unlikely to work properly with any
other FWTools version.

I am cc:ing the fwtools mailing list in case anyone
else is also interested in using it.