[FWTools] enforce_geotype_wkb_geometry

Frances Collier fcollier at preparedresponse.com
Tue Oct 18 13:45:04 EDT 2005

Hi,

I need some help, again, with the ogr2ogr function. I am trying to put a
shapefile into postgreSQL using ogr2ogr.

The command:

'>ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" "PG:dbname=dcmms host=localhost user=postgres
password=password" wawaterbodies.shp -lco PRCISION=NO'

The error:

'ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed.

ERROR: new row for relation "wawaterbodies" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_wkb_geometry"

ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed

Translation of layer wawaterbodies'

The shape for the file is Polygon. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Frances Collier