[FWTools] Convert GPX to shapefile

Jeff Bullard jeffbullard2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 21:30:55 EDT 2007

I supppose you are right there is not much interest
else it would be done already.  Mostly the interest
for GPX to shp exists among hikers/backpackers and
hobbyists. Most of these folks are not technical like
the GIS programmers around here.

My personal interest in GPX/shp is for a National Park
website, where users can upload&download their GPX
tracks/routes and render them along with other GIS
data about the park such as topography.

My Python script is working but I haven't a clue how
to share it with other folks because it depends on
GDAL and OGR, which is a hurdle for the common user.

Sorry for the attitude - I'll just have to develop my
programming skills and do this one myself.

JB