[FWTools] Problem running mapserv binary from cgi-bin

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:56:05 EDT 2008

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried copying over the mapserv from bin_safe,
restarted apache and gave it a shot.  I get a different error, but still no
joy.

[Thu Aug 21 12:48:20 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
/var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: line 7:
/home/randre/local/FWTools-2.0.6/fwtools_env.sh: Permission denied
[Thu Aug 21 12:48:20 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: mapserv

I've set the perms to 777 for fwtools_env.sh, but it still doesn't work.  I
wonder if this could be happening because of the install under my home dir?

Oh, and yes, I've been restarting Apache after each change to httpd.conf.

Roger