[FWTools] Converting S57 Format to ESRI Shapefile Format

R K spatialquery at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:58:57 EDT 2008

Greets:

Im  stuck on trying to understand the issues with S-57 data files.

I am trying to convert S57 format to ESRI shapefile format using Ogr2ogr.It
created bunch of shapefiles of projection files and AutoCAD shapefiles but
not ESRI Shapefile format.

Following errors are shown:

Error 1 :attempt to write non linestring Polygon geomtry to Arcfile shape
format

Error 6 .Cant create fields of type stringlist on Shapefile layers

Error 1  Attempt to write non-polygon linestring Geomety to type shapefile.

and many..

Can anyone Assiste me here.I need to get a readymade ESRI shapefile to
import into ArcGIS.

Many thanks,
Anilkumar.