[FWTools] Compile FWTools on Solaris (sparc)

Gregory Yetman gyetman at ciesin.columbia.edu
Mon Mar 16 12:37:01 EST 2009

Hi,

I have managed to get GDAL compiled on one of our Sun development
machines, it was surprisingly easy to do. I would like to get FWTools
working as well but as far as I can tell this would require compiling
all of the packages as the Linux binaries are x86. Has anyone done this
or is there a good resource for working through the process?

Thanks,

Greg

Gregory Yetman
Senior Staff Associate
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN)
Columbia University
e-mail: gyetman (at) ciesin.columbia.edu
tel: (845) 365-8982