[FWTools] Bindings for DBF and PNG

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 3 06:17:53 EST 2011

On 11-05-02 02:46 PM, Susana Iraiis Delgado Rodriguez wrote:
> Thank you Frank!
>
> I've read the OGR API documentation before, I'm using Python and OGR to get the
> dbf fieldNames, but I got an error when the shp and dbf have no records.
>
> Maybe I didn't expalin my question about the image file. What I need is to
> create a raster image from a shapefile, the raster could be any type.
>
> Do you have any idea how can I do that?

Susana,

Well, a lot depends on how you want to do the process.  If you vectors are
polygons and you just want to burn them into a raster with particular values
then you could use the gdal_rasterize program or the functions that underly
it.  However if you want fancier rendering you should be looking at a
map rendering system such as MapServer.

   http://www.mapserver.org/