[FWTools] Gdalwarp problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 10 12:28:31 EDT 2007

Riepl, David M wrote:
> All,
>
> I do a lot of 2-D and 3-D maps using GEOTIFF satellite imagery and DTED
> 1 elevation.  I use GDALWARP to reproject the imagery and the DTED
> (turned into GEOTIFFs).  From there I use OSGDEM (currently with OSG1.2)
> to create .ive output.
>
> I've noticed a problem during the gdalwarp step, I set up a .cmd script
> to run gdalwarp on a folder of 28 images.  Normally I just double-click
> the .cmd script, walk away and assume all is good.  Recently, I've been
> running it from a DOS prompt and so now I am reading the messages.
> Normally as the imagery processes you see this:
> 0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100  -Done.
> But 9 of my 28 images never reach "Done".  The message just reads:
> 0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...
> They just don't want to reach "Done" no matter how many times I run the
> script on them.   I've noticed the same problem with some of my
> elevation files.   Since I used to just double-click the script and walk
> away, maybe I've always had this problem and never known it.
> In a quick test, the images still open in my viewer.  Are they any good?
> Is something missing or incomplete?  Does anyone have an explanation or
> advice to fix this?
>
> Note:  I am using the gdalwarp from FW TOOLS 1.3.4 (Win 32 bit) on a
> WinXP desktop with 2GB RAM.

David,

I expect this is a peculiarity of rounding the progress values in gdalwarp.
If you can isolate a modest sized example of the problem, and file it as
a bug in the GDAL Trac instance, I'll try and get it fixed.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/

But if there is no error message there is no reason to believe the
warp failed.  Nevertheless the failure to reach "done" is confusing
so I'd like to fix it.